ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN
WATER’S WORTH IT® is a broad-based messaging campaign that helps to bring attention to the importance of clean water and the infrastructure that supports it, the essential work of water professionals, and how our actions, attitudes, and the things we most value are so closely connected with it. The campaign aims to inform a range of audiences, including the general public, media, opinion leaders, decision-makers, and elected officials.
- Demystify water, wastewater, and stormwater treatment by making the direct connections between these essential services to what the public values most – health and safety, a clean environment, a strong economy, stable job growth, and quality of life.
- Explain that water is a precious and limited resource that needs to be recycled and reused.
- Elevate the profile of water sector professionals and the rewards of pursuing water sector careers by building respect and appreciation for the services they provide.
- Create a foundation of public awareness to support needed infrastructure investments.
- Support cutting-edge practices to deliver, recover, recycle, and reuse water and its valuable by-products.
WEF is a not-for-profit technical and educational organization of 34,000 individual members and 75 affiliated Member Associations representing water quality professionals around the world. Since 1928, WEF and its members have protected public health and the environment. As a global water sector leader, our mission is to connect water professionals; enrich the expertise of water professionals; increase the awareness of the impact and value of water; and provide a platform for water sector innovation.